Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.

  • Tax Payments
  • Sewer Payments
  • Subscribe to News
  • Hours of Operation

  • Contacts Directory
  • Forms
  • Rumor Busters
  • Assessment Maps
  • Vision 2015 Reval
Driveway Permits
Driveway construction must be permitted by the Town's Public Works Department.  The Town requires each driveway to have a paved apron with dimensions of at least 15" wide at the road, (maximum width 20') going in for 10' and may taper down to 10'.  All construction must meet the East Hampton Street Standards.   

Permits are available at the Public Works Department, One Public Works Drive, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Fee- $5.00 and  a cash bond of $500 (in the form of cash or certified check) must be deposited with the Department (amount returned when driveway apron is paved and approved by the Public Works Department. In the case of a new house, a Certificate of Occupancy will not be issued by the Building Department until a permit is taken out and the bond is in place.  

For driveway construction information, please see Town of East Hampton's Street Standards, or call the Director of Public Works at 860-267-4747.

Detail Detail
Town of East Hampton, CT
20 East High Street, East Hampton, CT 06424
Website Disclaimer
Virtual Towns & Schools Website