Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.

  • Tax Payments
  • Sewer Payments
  • Subscribe to News
  • Hours of Operation

  • Contacts Directory
  • Forms
  • Rumor Busters
  • Assessment Maps
  • Vision 2015 Reval
Frequently Asked Questions

1.  How do I obtain a copy of a police or accident report?

Call 267-9544, give your name, the type of report it is and the date.  You will be advised if the report is available, the cost and when you can obtain the report.

2.  How do I get an application for a pistol permit?

Pistol permit applications can be obtained during regular business hours.  
Business hours are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.            
Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.

  Fingerprinting is done on the following days and times:
  Monday’s and Wednesday’s from 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday’s from 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.

Fingerprinting Fee
        Town Residents – No charge
        Out of Town residents - $10.00
        Proof of residency must be shown at time of service.


The fees for pistol permit applications are indicated on the white sheet that accompanies the actual permit application.


3.  What should I do if I receive a Bad Check?

A.  Always obtain information when accepting checks. A Connecticut operator’s license is the best form of I.D.  Record the 9 digit number on the check. Compare photo on the license with person cashing the check.  After receiving  a bad check (NFS/Account close):

       B.  Make a good faith effort to resolve the situation on your own by contacting the issuing party.

C.  Having no success under Item #1, send the issuing party a letter by certified mail.  This letter requests payment within ten (10) days and should include the following data:
                i)      Check number
                ii)     Amount
                iii)    Return receipt
This letter serves as a formal notice that the check was refused by the bank.  Obtain the return receipt from the post office.

After ten (10) days (from date of postmark) have elapsed, contact the East      Hampton Police Department to make a complaint.  Call before coming in to briefly review the circumstances of your complaint. At a pre-arranged time come to the East Hampton Police Department with:

                i)      Check number
                ii)     Amount
                iii)    Return receipt

4.  What should I do about harassing phone calls?

A brief statement will be obtained from you at this time which serves as your complaint.

5.  Criminal history check?

Criminal history check can only be done for the East Hampton Police Department.  If a further criminal history check needs to be obtained go to SPBI, Connecticut State Police 1111 Country Club Road, Middletown, CT  860-685-8270.

6.  Car seat installation?

Car seat installation is not done by this Department, however, the following link will assist you:

Detail Detail
Town of East Hampton, CT
20 East High Street, East Hampton, CT 06424
Website Disclaimer
Virtual Towns & Schools Website